Welcome to the city of light as Lisbon is known. Lisbon is the second oldest capital in Europe, so with a history of almost 3,000 years she has a very unique soul and much to offer.
You are invited for a nine days ART + TRAVEL RETREAT. We have curated a very special week and hope that you will go home with “Saudades”, a Portuguese word meaning a longing to come back soon. Our journey will start collecting found objects and old photos in our most popular flea market called Feira da Ladra,and will continue with us creating a book from the heart for three days and a whole morning surrounded by a magical forest.
Our workshop will be held in a 150 years old house in Sintra with each one of us having our own SINGLE ROOM where we can fully relax and appreciate our creative week. The hotel has a beautiful garden and a magnificent pool and it’s a 10mn walk from downtown Sintra, the fairy tale city as we like to call her with it’s outstanding castles and palaces.
We will have a guided tour with the owner of the oldest wineries in Colares, the Adega Viúva Gomes with four tastes of wines and then savour the view by the ocean in Cascais, our French riviera while sipping our excellent Portuguese wines and eating our local seafood that comes straight from the sea. You will dive into historical Lisbon as Sintra with our iconics monuments like Torre de Belém, Mosteiro do Jerónimos, Palácio da Regaleira and we will pause, savouring our famous custard tart called pastel de nata.
Our inner child will be excited to attend a tile ceramic workshop ending our day in a traditional fado restaurant where you heart will melt with the beauty of these songs. Our goal is for you to experience the best of Lisbon-Sintra-Cascais, to bring home your very personal artist book and to nourish your body soul and mind.
This is Your retreat where you will have time both for yourself and to gather, connect, share laugh with other creatives souls.
Welcome to my hometown!
CLICK ON EACH TAB
- Your own SINGLE ROOM where you can be completely at ease. YES! I mean you get your very own bedroom!
- 9 days and 8 nights in an old 150 year old house overlooking the magical Sintra forest.
- 8 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Airport pick up from the lisbon airport to the House on Friday, 19th 2024
- Welcome drink with Portuguese wines and amuse bouche will be proposed so you can settle in and relax
- Welcome dinner with Portuguese traditional guitar live music
- A special treat in your own private bedroom
- Collecting found objects and old fotos in our richest flea market Feira da Ladra
- Sightseeing tour in downtown Lisbon with a guide who loves Lisbon
- 3 days and a whole morning workshop with Alex creating an unique artist book
- Visit to the oldest winery in Colares, Adega Viuva Gomes with the owner himself whom wine is not just a drink or business, for them wine is their roots, family, life's work, art, joy and regret, memories and tears, the happiness of sharing their history with guests.
- Tasting of four different wines
- Seafood lunch in French riviera Cascais with outstanding view by the ocean
- Guided tour in iconic castles and palaces of Lisbon + Sintra
- Portuguese tile workshop wh
- Dinner in traditional Fado restaurant with live music that will melt your heart
- Tips to Drivers/Guides
- Day 8 April 26th A very special farewell dinner in a vineyard that will bring you back in the 19th century
- Day 9 April 27th after Breakfast time to say Goodbye
- Depart day transfer from the House to the Lisbon airport April 27th
- Transfer from Lisbon airport to The house-Sintra
- Welcome Drink with light snacks so we can relax and settle in
- Welcome dinner with Portuguese guitar live music as we get to know each other
Retreat with Alex Castro FerreiraLisbon, Portugal | April 19-27, 2024
Deposit is: 1050 Euros and is non-refundable upon registration.
Early Bird Price is 3250 Euros and is until September 1, 2023.
Regular Price is 3550 Euros and begins on September 2, 2023,
Full Balance is due from everyone by December 1st, 2023.
*This workshop is not refundable.
You may transfer this workshop to another person if you can't attend. If there is a waitlist we will connect you with the next person on the list. Once transferred or sold, your reserved spot will be removed. If we cancel this workshop you will be refunded.
Share this Workshop!
What people are saying
Some gathered voices on taking one of Alex's courses or workshops!
I’m so delighted and inspired by your lessons and techniques. Love this class and the big concept of LOST + FOUND TREASURES. You are a most excellent teacher.
I have learned so much with this course (and will never look at a rusty item quite the same) A big thank you to you Alex for stretching my imagination and teach me the art of mixed media. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
I’m not new with Art Journals and know a lot of technics but your course is really an enrichment to me and for my work. New for me is the resin paper and dying with black beans. Your course is awesome. Also the assemblage ideas are so great.Thanks Alex so much for this wonderful and generous course for us.
My four treasures in honor of my beloved ones. Alex’s workshop opened up a whole new world for me and gave me a chance to deal with my grief. THANK YOU dear Alex. From the bottom of my heart.
I think your workshop is amazing. Your theme of using memorabilia from our family members is brilliant.
This is the first project that had me completely focused on the process. I get to escape. What I love about it is the richness and meaning behind the content.I’m completely absorbed in the organic feel of the materials. LOVE IT! I’ll be looking forward to your next class.
The Keeper of Memories book with the most inspiring teacher Alex Castro Ferreira continues with more images of my ancestors. And what a journey it is! This one includes a small tribute to Alex as a way of showing acknowledgment and appreciation for this amazing journey. We have all enjoyed and have been somewhat affect by the emotions it has stirred. Thank you so much Alex
This has been a journey for sure, I cried watching your course videos as I knew I would take the journey too. So many moments we’re stuck in time for me with someone else’s thoughts attached. I pulled the photos I have left all out and dusted them off and worked through it. This course is such a gift of healing.